Tuesday 10 September 2013

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation...


Since watching makeup tutorials on YouTube, Nars Sheer Glow Foundation has been a staple amongst beauty gurus. I have been searching for the perfect foundation for dry skin for ages and I thought this could be the one. Pixiwoo in particular say it's great for dry skin and they seem to both use it a lot in their makeup tutorials.

This foundation is extremely pricey (£30.50) but I thought at that price and the praise it gets it must be worth it right? It must be some miracle foundation that works wonders! The first time I applied it I hated it! I applied it on clean, moisturised skin and I used a buffing brush to apply. You have to work quickly at buffing it in as it seems to cling to the skin. It was quite hard work to blend it all seamlessly and I wasn't particularly happy with the end result. My skin looked really matte, not glowing at all and I could see brush marks on my face. I then had to use my hands to blend it a second time. The colour match was great and the coverage was good, I was just really disappointed with the finish as NARS state the following: A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture.

My skin certainly didn't look radiant and I also noticed that the product just sat in my pores, making them look bigger, it was especially noticeable on my cheeks. Another downfall is that it has no pump! You have to pour it either directly onto the back of your hand or onto a brush. This is kind of annoying as you have to be super careful not to pour too much and waste the product. For £30.50 you would think a pump would be included.

The second time I used it I tried a different moisturiser, a slightly creamier one so I could blend the foundation better. It seemed to help, the foundation was easier to buff into the skin but I still wasn't getting a glowing, natural radiant finish that NARS were promising.

So today was the third time I tried it, again I used the creamier moisturiser and the same buffing brush as before.  I was slightly happier with the result, my skin didn't look as matte as before. Weirdly enough I think this is a product your skin has to get used to before you start liking it. It's like antibiotics or something, it takes a few days for the body to accept them before they work. I know that sounds crazy but NARS say if used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture, so my theory kind of makes sense!?

I'm going to continue using it hoping that each day gets better but either way I will report back. If you have tried this foundation I would love to hear what your thoughts are. Am I the only one who doesn't really like this product so far!?

Thanks for reading guys, love Becca...X

No comments:

Post a Comment