Wednesday 23 October 2013

YSL Youth Liberator Foundation...


The Youth Liberator foundation from YSL launched early September this year. It's the first of it's kind to be made with Glycanacrif Complex which is designed to plump, revitalise youthful brightness and even out your complexion. The creamy coverage makes skin look rejuvenated and masks the appearance of any imperfections. It also contains vitamin E and SPF20.

The foundation is available in 7 made to measure shades, I use the shade BR20 which is the perfect match for my pale complexion. I have been wearing this foundation for nearly 2 weeks now so here are my thoughts...

First of all the packaging is uber chic, the glass bottle is a little on the heavy side but it looks beautiful sat on my dressing table. Take the black lid off and you will find a neat little pump that's easy and fuss free, I use 3 pumps to cover my whole face. 

The texture of the foundation is really creamy, the best way I find to apply it is with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Apply the desired amount onto the back of your hand, dab the brush into the foundation and evenly distribute across the face. I like to start from the centre of my face working outwards. The buffing brush creates a seamless finish and buffs the foundation into the skin really quickly, there is no need to blend with your fingers or any other brush which I really like.

It's medium to full coverage that is also really build-able. I find it's the perfect foundation to wear during the day and also perfect for nights out. It feels so comfortable and light-weight on the skin and the staying power is pretty incredible. I normally set the foundation with a pressed powder (currently using Rimmels Stay Matte powder) and that helps make the foundation last even longer. I was actually in Tenerife last week and wore the foundation every day. It was around 25degrees and this foundation didn't budge, I was so impressed! 

I have quite dry skin which can be a real pain but this foundation feels really moisturising and makes my skin feel really fresh. When you first apply it the skin looks really dewy which I love, but as my skin is dry it sets to leave a beautiful glow which lasts all day. Something I find really difficult to achieve with other foundations. I found it really smoothed out my uneven skin tone and didn't cling to any dry areas or cake around the nose (which the NARS Sheer Glow does) I also love how it diminishes the size of my pores.

For me this is best foundation I have tried to date and I can't recommend it enough. Price wise it comes in at £34 which is definitely on the more expensive side for a high end foundation. However I do think it's totally worth it, it's a 30ml bottle which will hopefully last me a long time even if I do wear it every day. When I did my course with Pixiwoo back in April they recommend that you invest in a high quality foundation and then you don't have to worry about purchasing expensive products for the rest of the face. I think as long as your base looks perfect then you can buy that cheaper bronzer & blush and still look really polished!

I really enjoy using this foundation and will definitely be re-purchasing. It beats my NARS Sheer Glow hands down and I will be wearing it pretty much every day. Unfortunately you can't get a sample of Youth Liberator foundation but I would definitely recommend you go to your nearest counter and get a colour match so you can see for your self how it looks and feels.

Let me know if you do purchase this or already have it, I would love to know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment